J Hotel, Ao Nang
Not to be confused with J Mansions, this budget hotel is clean throughout, if showing signs of its 8 years in its stairways and corridors. The first floor rooms have mountain views, most of which are obscured by electricity pylons. Some 2nd floor rooms have a sea-view, including of Poda Island, others have no view to write home about.
The top floor rooms offer a fantastic sea and mountain view from their enormous shared terrace, which is shared with the other top-floor guests, plus assorted water tanks and air-con units. One of these top-floor rooms has a comfortable and cosy outdoors garden and seating area on the terrace, and is the hotel’s best room for those who don’t mind the stairs. Contact us and we will try to book it for you, but it’s likely to be already taken in high season, as this hotel is well-known.
The breakfast here isn’t bad, but will be a lot better if you wander down to nearby Ocean Mart (see bakeries/shops/clinics map) and buy some decent bread to replace the sweet white stuff the hotel provides.
The hotel is very conveniently and quietly located 200 metres from the beach, within walking distance of most of Ao Nang’s restaurants, nightlife, amenities and transport pick-up and drop-off points.
Click here for everything you need to know about Ao Nang - beaches, sports, things to do, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, getting there and away.
Prices coming soon. In addition, we offer the following free benefits:
- Airport transfers at only THB 500 for a taxi or THB 1,000 for a minivan.
- If you book your transfer to the airport with us, we will take you to the Tiger Cave Temple, for free, en route. If adults want to climb to the top and need child-minding help while they do so, contact us.
- We’ll personally inspect the available rooms at the resort for the dates you require, then report back to you with details of the available rooms that best meet your requirements.
- We’ll give you a free quality bakery loaf of bread on arrival.
- You will be able to take advantage of unlimited travel advice before arrival – we know southern Thailand intimately and so can organize all your accommodation, travel, sports and activities. This personalized and customized service comes at no extra cost to you – we get our commissions from hotels and activity/transport providers, not from you.
Hotel website: www.jhotelaonang.com. Click
here for more on Ao Nang, here for holiday packages, here for other destinations.
Andaman Sky, Co., Ltd, 23/8 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Thailand