hailand Scuba Diving Dive Site Directory
||Koh Man Wichai – East Reef
||About 2km south of Koh Klung Baden
||Average 12m / Maximum 15m
The sea-bed is littered with numerous clumps and mounds of smooth porite corals. Most of the corals are in large patches, not fringing reefs, as with most of this area’s sites.
The water deepens towards the south; an elongated plateau is covered in gardens of sea anemones, together with their abundant symbiotes: Three-spot dascyllus and pink anemonefish. The waters are good for snorkellers.
Watching out for the Reef: Coral Conservation Guide for Divers
• Avoid touching live corals. You can kill them with your bare hands.
• Keep your gauge and octopus hoses close to yourself and prevent them damaging the reef.
• Secure your weight belt. Dropping of the weights can destroy the reef.
• Refrain from chasing or touching animals, especially manta rays and whale sharks.
•Maintain a comfortable distant and enjoy
Many divers unintentionally destroy corals whilst diving.
Here are a few guidelines on how to avoid doing so.
• Use the correct amount of weight to aid in your buoyancy.
• Control your fins; keep them away from the reefs and avoid kicking sand onto the corals.
• Do not pick up organic objects (dead or alive) from the sea. Likewise, please do not buy shells or other decorative products made from sea animals.
• Do not stand or rest on the stone-like corals. After all, they are living animals.
Click here for the dive Thailand page.