Thailand Scuba Diving Dive Site Directory
||Hin Saam Sao
||About 1km west of Chai Chet
||Average 10m / Maximum 16m
Off the northwest coast of Koh Chang, this dive site has some nice corals and rich fish life, but sometimes has poor visibility due of its close proximity to land. One side of the reef was destroyed by dynamite but it is recovering nicely.
Watching out for the Reef: Coral Conservation Guide for Divers
• Avoid touching live corals. You can kill them with your bare hands.
• Keep your gauge and octopus hoses close to yourself and prevent them damaging the reef.
• Secure your weight belt. Dropping of the weights can destroy the reef.
• Refrain from chasing or touching animals, especially manta rays and whale sharks.
•Maintain a comfortable distant and enjoy
Many divers unintentionally destroy corals whilst diving.
Here are a few guidelines on how to avoid doing so.
• Use the correct amount of weight to aid in your buoyancy.
• Control your fins; keep them away from the reefs and avoid kicking sand onto the corals.
• Do not pick up organic objects (dead or alive) from the sea. Likewise, please do not buy shells or other decorative products made from sea animals.
• Do not stand or rest on the stone-like corals. After all, they are living animals.
Click here for the dive Thailand page.