Ao Nang Top View Guest House
This guest house is good value and is well-positioned close to most amenities and transport pick-up and drop-off points. Although the décor is unexceptional, some of the higher rooms have great sea-views, whilst with others the views are obscured by trees.
The view is particularly good as the hotel is built on a hillside above Ao Nang, so some rooms get a grandstand view of not only the sea but also of the karst ramparts that separate Ao Nang from the Railay peninsula. This hotel is only 200 metres from our office, so if you book with us we can pop around and check that you get a good view (if you are willing to hike up the stairs), as well as hopefully an unbeatable price. Click here for a map.
This isn’t a great hotel for young children, as just the hike up to the entrance from street level will be too much for the youngest ones, and parents won’t enjoy pushing a pram up the hill. There are few facilities, so it’s mainly a convenient and clean place to sleep, with the big added bonus that, if you can be bothered to stay on one of the higher floors, you will wake up to a fabulous view of the surrounding countryside.
Breakfast isn’t great here, and is improved vastly if you take the short stroll to Ocean Mart and buy some decent bread, then give it to the staff and ask them to toast that for you in place of the standard white sweet stuff. Or, if you book through us, we’ll give you a complimentary free quality bakery loaf on arrival. Hardly anybody eats lunch or dinner at the hotel, as there are plenty of better eateries around. The very agreeable Irish Rover pub is just a few steps away.
No photos are yet available for this hotel from the proprietor, as it is so new. If you are interested in staying here, contact us and, if the proprietor hasn’t yet got round to taking any photos, then we’ll go over there with a camera and load up some images on this page.
Click here for everything you need to know about Ao Nang - beaches, sports, things to do, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, getting there and away.
For prices, contact us. In addition, we offer the following free benefits:
- Airport transfers at only THB 500 for a taxi or THB 1,000 for a minivan.
- If you book your transfer to the airport with us, we will take you to the Tiger Cave Temple, for free, en route. If adults want to climb to the top and need child-minding help while they do so, contact us.
- We’ll personally inspect the available rooms at the resort for the dates you require, then report back to you with details of the available rooms that best meet your requirements.
- We’ll give you a free quality bakery loaf of bread on arrival.
- You will be able to take advantage of unlimited travel advice before arrival – we know southern Thailand intimately and so can organize all your accommodation, travel, sports and activities. This personalized and customized service comes at no extra cost to you – we get our commissions from hotels and activity/transport providers, not from you.
Hotel website: doesn't have one. Click
here for more on Ao Nang, here for holiday packages, here for other destinations.
Andaman Sky, Co., Ltd, 23/8 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Thailand